|ff3c829d76||2 years ago|
|.github||3 years ago|
|doc||2 years ago|
|tests||2 years ago|
|.dir-locals.el||3 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|BACKERS.md||3 years ago|
|CHANGELOG.md||2 years ago|
|LICENSE||3 years ago|
|Makefile||3 years ago|
|README.md||2 years ago|
|default.mk||3 years ago|
|makem.sh||3 years ago|
|org-roam-buffer.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-capture.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-compat.el||3 years ago|
|org-roam-completion.el||3 years ago|
|org-roam-dailies.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-db.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-dev.el||3 years ago|
|org-roam-doctor.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-faces.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-graph.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-keywords.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-link.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-macs.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam-protocol.el||2 years ago|
|org-roam.el||2 years ago|
Org-roam is a plain-text knowledge management system. It brings some of Roam's more powerful features into the Org-mode ecosystem.
Org-roam borrows principles from the Zettelkasten method, providing a solution for non-hierarchical note-taking. It should also work as a plug-and-play solution for anyone already using Org-mode for their personal wiki.
- Private and Secure: Edit your personal wiki completely offline, entirely in your control. Encrypt your notes with GPG. Take lasting notes in plain-text.
- Networked Thought: Connect notes and thoughts together with ease using backlinks. Discover surprising and previously unseen connections in your notes with the built-in graph visualization.
- Extensible and Powerful: Leverage Emacs' fantastic text-editing interface, and the mature Emacs and Org-mode ecosystem of packages.
- Free and Open Source: Org-roam is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
You can install
M-x package-install RET org-roam RET
Here's a sample configuration with
(use-package org-roam :ensure t :hook (after-init . org-roam-mode) :custom (org-roam-directory (file-truename "/path/to/org-files/")) :bind (:map org-roam-mode-map (("C-c n l" . org-roam) ("C-c n f" . org-roam-find-file) ("C-c n g" . org-roam-graph)) :map org-mode-map (("C-c n i" . org-roam-insert)) (("C-c n I" . org-roam-insert-immediate))))
file-truename function is only necessary when you use symbolic links
org-roam-directory: Org-roam does not resolve symbolic links.
Org-roam requires sqlite to function. Org-roam optionally uses Graphviz for graph-related functionality. It is recommended to install PCRE-enabled ripgrep for better performance and extended functionality.
Before creating a new topic/issue, please be mindful of our time and ensure that it has not already been addressed on GitHub or on Discourse.
- If you are new to Emacs and have problem setting up Org-roam, please ask your question on Slack, channel #how-do-i.
- For quick questions, please ask them on Slack, channel #troubleshooting.
- If something is not working as it should, or if you would like to suggest a new feature, please create a new issue.
- If you have questions about your workflow with the slip-box method, please find a relevant topic on Discourse, or create a new one.
Knowledge Bases using Org-roam
To report bugs and suggest new feature use the issue tracker. If you have some code which you would like to be merged, then open a pull request. Please also see CONTRIBUTING.md.
Copyright © Jethro Kuan and contributors. Distributed under the GNU General Public License, Version 3.